Monday 4 November 2013

Facing up to the daily Challenges

It’s a Monday evening and driving home through the little village Turvey between Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire. I am just reflecting on the day’s events with a smile and pride of how I have conducted my most challenging meetings and calls successfully. Measuring success in my line of work is multifaceted; usually see results after couple of months. While I look back with pride, it strikes me that one task is still outstanding and has been since morning, I have consoled myself for not getting on with the task under the name of prioritising!!! The bottom line is “I am avoiding the task” not because I can’t do it, but I presume I am looking at how much emotional and psychologically draining it’s going to be for me. Ever been confronted by something you have to do, that’s unavoidable but have to do it? Be it an assignment, test, a difficult conversation at work or a crisis at home demanding your attention?

I believe I am not alone to have had thoughts like “how can I escape this, can I do it tomorrow, is there any harm if I don’t do it, can I just run. Often I reach a point where I resolve to do it, and then I will fantasize about the outcomes”.  When hard situations confront us, we get scared, we get frustrated, we procrastinate. We desperately want to get out from under the weight of it all.

But what if, in the hard situations you face, what if someone has been there and has various solutions to your challenges? Find out more here 

No comments:

Post a Comment