Monday 4 November 2013

Getting out of the cyle of change successfully

Yesterday I had a great opportunity of hanging out with people that I felt were more or less in the same boat with myself. This was an exhibition for small work from home enterprises, with a notion to coach and guide community members to join or start up their own projects. Since April 2013, this was my 4th offline exhibition, I am definitely growing in confidence; my professional marketing skills are growing by day and can now focus on marking my products without the edge of coercing and begging people to understand that my product, Skinny fiber, is a great weight loss product and business opportunity. Yes I am passionate about skinny fiber, yes it has worked for me and still is, but I am now mindful of the fact that people usually go through the cycle of change which Prochaska and DiClimentemost points out as a great model to explore about behavioural change. My own understanding of change through my own experience and observation is that people cannot simply be divided into two categories – the ‘doing’ and the ‘not doing’ or the ‘motivated’ and the others. More and more marketing to people has revealed that people will have a range of feelings at different times about taking on the responsibility to make a positive life changing decision, and often; it will take more than one attempt to change some behaviours. This insight has enabled me to relax at such networking events and focus more on sharing, getting to know more about people’s successes, challenges and building relationships.


No comments:

Post a Comment